Clearwater Car Accident Lawyer
Injury victims and their families often suffer a great deal from car accidents. Whether you have endured physical or emotional pain, extensive medical costs, lost wages, or diminished quality of life due to another motorist’s recklessness, you are not alone. You can depend on the skills and experience of a competent injury attorney to help you hold the negligent party accountable for their actions. Taking legal action won’t undo your pain, but a favorable settlement will allow you to recover and move forward.
A skilled lawyer will investigate the facts of your case after you are in a car accident and learn how exactly the accident unfolded. A lawyer will explore all potential sources of liability, including negligent drivers, negligent manufacturers, or other parties, so that you may receive the full and fair compensation you deserve. Taking on the legal responsibilities of your situation should not be something you do by yourself.
Our team at Marsalisi Law understands that you may be in a dire financial situation, and we are here to assist you. For decades, Attorney Frank P. Marsalisi has been a powerful resource for injury victims within the Clearwater community. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and achieving favorable results for our clients. If you are interested in exploring your unique situation, please contact us at (727) 800-5052 to schedule a consultation.
Clearwater Car Accident Cases Need Representation
Car accidents take thousands of lives each year. In Florida alone, 2,935 fatal crashes killed 3,176 people in 2016. The number of fatalities dropped only slightly to 3,116 the following year. Dozens of causes for fatal accidents exist, but what most of them have in common is poor judgment on the part of a driver.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Clearwater, Florida
The following actions often result in injuries and even the death of a driver or passenger:
- Excessive speeding;
- Texting and driving;
- Driving under the influence;
- Improper loading of heavy cargo;
- Improper passing or turning;
- Drowsy driving;
- Equipment defects or failure;
- Failure to adjust your driving to accommodate the poor road and/or weather conditions.
These often avoidable accidents carry an enormous impact on victims and their families and can be completely life-changing. It’s important to hold parties who act recklessly accountable for their actions. A car crash lawyer helps in getting the compensation you need to recover fully.
Common Injuries Resulting from Car Accidents in Clearwater
In Clearwater, some traffic accident victims are fortunate enough not to be seriously injured. Others, however, may suffer catastrophic injuries requiring hospitalization, surgery, and rehabilitation, leaving them unable to work. In particular, victims of car crashes may suffer the following injuries:
- Road rash and lacerations;
- Broken bones;
- Brain injuries;
- Burn injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Internal injuries;
- Emotional Injuries;
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Injuries may show up weeks after your car accident. Though your injury symptoms may be delayed, they can result in permanent damage, disabilities, or even death, so it’s critical that you do not accept the first settlement offer. Furthermore, for the future safety of your wellbeing and a successful car accident claim, it is vital to obtain a proper medical diagnosis and treatment.
Damages Clearwater Car Accident Victims May Recover
The process of proving fault or negligence after a car accident can be complicated since several factors may come into play. Aside from that, you may be facing painful injuries, a long recovery process, and many other obligations.
Frank P. Marsalisi understands the stress uncertainty can cause, and he is confident that he will be able to handle your legal and insurance affairs for you. He has the experience needed to pursue fair compensation for a variety of injury-related losses and can potentially help you recover the following:
- Compensation for all medical bills related to the accident;
- Costs of rehabilitation and therapy;
- Lost wages and reduced earning potential;
- Physical and emotional pain and trauma;
- Lost financial support for the dependents of the deceased in crashes involving a death;
- Funeral costs, if applicable.
Punitive damages may be available in certain situations. The law in Florida only allows punitive damages when a plaintiff can prove intentional misconduct or gross negligence on the part of the defendant.
Elements of Negligence in Car Accident Cases
Car accident claims are most often impacted by the legal theory of negligence. Accidents are almost always the result of negligence. Others may happen because someone deliberately caused them or, in extremely rare cases, they can truly be attributed to an accident for which no one is responsible.
Legally, negligence means acting in a way that a reasonably prudent person would not, resulting in the harm of another. To establish negligence, you must prove the following four elements:
- Duty of care: Every driver has a responsibility to follow all road rules and laws in order to prevent or avoid causing an accident;
- Breach of duty of care: Failure to follow this duty of care is considered a breach;
- Injuries: You must demonstrate that you suffered direct injuries as a result of the accident, which may also include worsening of the previous injuries;
- Damages: You must have suffered economic damages and/or non-economic damages.
Our Clearwater car accident lawyer can assist with all the legal aspects of your case, so you can focus on healing. We know that insurance companies can make use of a variety of tactics to deny you benefits. Therefore, our team strategically handles negotiations with insurance companies to ensure you receive the settlement you deserve.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Clearwater
Car accidents usually come out of nowhere, and it’s likely that you will feel like your world has changed in a split second. During a crisis like this, it’s imperative to remember that to protect yourself, there are certain necessary steps you should take in the minutes, days, and months following your car accident. Follow these tips to protect your legal rights if an accident happens:
- Seek medical attention. No matter how well you feel after an accident, a doctor should always perform a full medical evaluation to ensure you are not injured. In the aftermath of a collision, many people experience an adrenaline rush that masks pain.
- Gather information. If possible, collect as much information as you can at the accident scene, including eyewitness accounts, contact information, pictures of the accident scene, the name and insurance information of the other driver, damaged vehicle parts, and so on. Be sure to save all receipts and documents related to the crash or any medical treatment after the accident.
- Inform your insurer. Contact your insurance provider. They will ask you a few questions and assign you an adjuster to handle your claim.
- Call 911. When you have been involved in a car accident, you should always put the safety of yourself and your passengers first. If not done already, call the police and see if anyone injured in the collision needs emergency ambulatory services, including the other driver. Make sure you cooperate with the police when they arrive and request a copy of the police report for your records.
- Don’t admit fault. You should not admit liability to anyone, including police officers, the driver of the other vehicle, or insurance agents. An admission of guilt may damage your ability to claim compensation for your car accident. Your attorney should handle all correspondence.
- Talk to a car accident lawyer. An injury lawyer that knows how to protect your legal rights will guide you through the tough process of filing a lawsuit in Florida, as well as safeguard your legal rights.
Speak to a Clearwater Car Accident Lawyer Today
A car wreck can leave you with serious injuries in the Clearwater, Florida area. If this happens to you, you have legal options. The legal team at Marsalisi Law has in-depth knowledge of state and local laws and is closely acquainted with the local court system. Our team is capable of helping you obtain the compensation you deserve. You need the right Clearwater car accident attorney, one that knows how to stand up to insurance agents and insurance companies.
Get your free, confidential, no-obligation consultation with Marsalisi Law today by calling (727) 800-5052 or completing our online contact form.
Marsalisi Law Is Where Law Gets Personal!