Representing Clients in Wrongful Death Claims and Lawsuits
Few things are more traumatizing than the untimely death of a loved one due to the negligence of another. Wrongful death cases can occur in a number of different contexts, including motorcycle accidents, auto accidents, and pedestrian accidents. In Florida, there is an average of 2,925 fatal crashes with 3,142 deaths each year, according to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.Sometimes, these terrible accidents are unavoidable. Unfortunately, they are often caused by the negligence of another driver. In every wrongful death case, the victim’s family should be fully compensated for their tragic loss.
How a St. Petersburg Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help Ease the Pain of Your Loss
Bringing a lawsuit is always difficult for the family. You have to relive your loved ones’ final moments and may experience emotional trauma, depression, and financial stress. A St. Petersburg wrongful death attorney can guide you through this incredibly challenging time. Nothing can ever replace the loss of a loved one, but a wrongful death lawyer can protect your legal rights and ensure your family is fully compensated for all financial losses incurred since losing your loved one.
When filing a wrongful death lawsuit, there are several tasks a St. Petersburg wrongful death attorney can help with, including:
- Gather valuable reports and witness statements
- Research the cause of your loved one’s death
- Determine the responsible party
- Investigate to prove negligence to gain compensation
- Provide trusted counsel through each step of the process
At Marsalisi Law, Attorney Frank Marsalisi understands the impact of wrongful death on a family. Frank is steadfast in his belief that those who act negligently and cause the death of another person should be held accountable for their actions.
Common Causes for Wrongful Deaths in St. Petersburg
One might think the tragedy of losing a loved one calls for a wrongful death lawsuit. However, Florida laws are strict in what accidents constitute as “wrongful” for a wrongful death to be pursued. If your case does not meet the conditions for a legal wrongful death, you won’t have a viable case. Consequently, it’s essential to understand what times of accidents warrant a wrongful death claim.
In St. Petersburg, causes of wrongful death often include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
An experienced St. Petersburg wrongful death attorney can help you better understand whether your case merits a wrongful death lawsuit and advise on the next steps to pursue one, if applicable.
Damages Considered in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Each survivor may recover the value of lost support and services from the date of the decedent’s injury to his or her death, with interest, and future loss of support and services from the date of death and reduced to present value.
- The surviving spouse of a wrongful death claim may also recover for loss of the decedent’s companionship and protection and for mental pain and suffering from the date of injury.
- Minor children of the decedent, and all children of the decedent if there is no surviving spouse, may also recover for lost parental companionship, instruction, and guidance as well as mental pain and suffering from the date of injury.
- Each parent of a deceased minor child may recover from mental pain and suffering from the date of injury. Each parent of an adult child in a wrongful death case may also recover for mental pain and suffering if there are no other survivors.
Turn to St. Petersburg Trusted Wrongful Death Attorney for Help
If you’ve recently lost a loved one due to the negligent actions of another party, Attorney Frank P. Marsalisi of Marsalisi Law can help. Please keep in mind that under Florida’s statute of limitations, families pursuing a wrongful death claim have two years to do so. When you partner with Marsalisi Law, you’ll have Frank’s full attention and will be treated with respect and compassion as he guides you through each step of the process so you can soon move forward in your life.
Frank’s dedication to his clients has earned him recognition as one of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. To schedule a free consultation and speak with Frank today, complete an online contact form or call at (727) 800-5052.
Featured Case Results
– Practice Areas –
– Testimonials –
“You can’t go wrong with Frank Marsalisi!”
Frank was referred to me by a former client of his after my accident with nothing but great reviews, both professionally and personally. From day one there was a level of comfortability and trust built based on what would be in my best interest moving forward. Never once did Frank make my case about what was in it for him but about healing my injuries in order to move on as normal as possible with my life.
“One of a kind lawyer …brilliance!”
Frank has exceptional auto accident liability law abilities and he is also very well-versed in state auto insurance laws. One of the things I like about Frank is that he never tried to sugar coat anything for me. If we were headed for trouble, he would let me know what the trouble was and what our options were. I always appreciated his honesty. This is trait that I do not find in many of today’s lawyers but Frank has performed integrity well beyond his means.
– Ms. C. M. Fraser