St Petersburg Auto Accident Attorney for Multi-Vehicle Collisions
Auto accidents involving more than one vehicle are known to be considerably more dangerous than two cars colliding. It is also more challenging to determine which party was responsible for causing the collision in multi-vehicle accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, about six million vehicle accidents occur each year.
In Florida, multi-vehicle accidents happen often. Recent data from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety shows that in 2018, 1,512 deadly multi-vehicle crashes in Florida amounted to 48% of fatal car crashes. Due to the number of vehicles involved, multi-vehicle accidents involve extensive property damage, injuries, and many times, fatalities. Because of that, multi-vehicle accidents are much more complicated when assigning fault, liability, and potential compensation.
If you or a loved one have been affected by a multi-vehicle collision in St. Petersburg, you could benefit from contacting an accomplished and compassionate personal injury lawyer who specializes in these types of accidents, like Frank P. Marsalisi at Marsalisi Law.
Compensation for Multi-Vehicle Accident Victims in St. Petersburg
Marsalisi Law is a personal injury firm in St. Petersburg, Florida, that helps victims and their families recover damages after being injured in multi-vehicle accidents. As one of 2019’s Top 3 Personal Injury Lawyers in St. Petersburg, you can be confident that your case will be given the personal attention that it deserves when you entrust Marsalisi Law to handle your case.
When hiring Frank P. Marsalisi to represent your multi-vehicle accident injury claim in St. Petersburg, you can expect the following from Frank and his legal team:
- Experienced legal counsel without payment of fees unless a settlement or verdict is reached;
- Helping you secure the medical treatment you require;
- Skillful investigation with access to experts to determine fault;
- Representation in settlement proceedings with the insurance companies or others involved in your claim.
If you have been injured in a multi-vehicle accident in St. Petersburg, trust Marsalisi Law to protect your legal rights and fight for your best interests so you can focus on your recovery.
Primary Causes of Multi-Vehicle Collisions in St. Petersburg
In St. Petersburg, multi-vehicle collisions, also known as pile-up collisions, involve three or more vehicles. Depending on the number of cars and the speed at which they travel, it can be impossible for drivers to swerve out of the way or stop in time to avoid a pile-up crash after one has started.
Pile-up collisions are the result of various causes that can include:
- Driving distracted;
- Driving under the influence;
- Driving while fatigued or drowsy;
- Inclement weather;
- Wet or slippery roads;
- Reckless driving;
- Vehicle malfunction.
Types of Injuries Resulting from Pile-Up Collisions
Because pile-up collisions involve three or more vehicles, they can lead to fires and explosions that result in severe injuries for the victims involved. While all vehicles involved in a pile-up collision pose a serious risk of injury, the first two vehicles are often the most impacted and at a higher risk of injury due to the energy transferred.
Common injuries resulting from pile-up collisions in St. Petersburg include:
- Whiplash: After a multi-car or rear-end collision, it is common for victims to suffer from a whiplash injury. This type of injury occurs when your head snaps forward and back in an abrupt fashion that tears the sensitive tissue in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Neck & back injuries: Even at low speeds, car accident victims can suffer severe neck and back injuries. The force of a multi-car collision can amplify the magnitude of these injuries, causing the vertebrae, discs, or nerves in the neck and back to compress and cause intense pain.
- Spinal cord & brain injuries: If a victim’s spinal cord becomes damaged in a multi-vehicle accident, they can experience loss of mobility and feeling at the injured area and below. These are life-threatening injuries that can lead to paralysis or death.
- Airbag injuries: A deployed airbag can injure different parts of the body, including the face, upper extremities, and chest. The severity of the trauma felt from an airbag depends on the airbag’s chemicals, the rate of deployment, the design of the airbag, and whether the victim wore a seatbelt.
Multi-vehicle accident victims can suffer from various injuries like bone fractures, concussions, brain swelling, and more. After experiencing a pile-up collision, you must seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
Determining Fault is Key in Multi-Vehicle Collisions in St. Petersburg
A car accident scene with three or more vehicles presents a challenge for investigators in determining which party might be at fault for causing the wreck. Accident investigators must learn if reckless driving caused the accident and if the responsibility lies with more than one party. Investigators also consider whether mechanical or environmental factors were part of the blame for causing the accident.
Before victims receive any compensation for damages incurred from the wreck, the fault must be determined to conclude which party or insurance company is liable for paying.
Turn to Marsalisi Law After a Multi-Vehicle Collision in St. Petersburg
After experiencing a multi-vehicle collision, it is vital that you seek medical care as soon as possible to treat your injuries. After that, contact St. Petersburg’s trusted and experienced car accident lawyer at Marsalisi Law. Frank P. Marsalisi is dedicated to handling the legal process of your injury claim so you can focus on recovering from your injuries and restoring your life to the way it was before the accident. For outstanding personal legal service and results, call Frank at Marsalisi Law.
To schedule a free consultation with Frank, complete an online contact form or call anytime at (727) 800-5052.
Marsalisi Law is Where Law Gets Personal.
– Practice Areas –
– Testimonials –
“You can’t go wrong with Frank Marsalisi!”
Frank was referred to me by a former client of his after my accident with nothing but great reviews, both professionally and personally. From day one there was a level of comfortability and trust built based on what would be in my best interest moving forward. Never once did Frank make my case about what was in it for him but about healing my injuries in order to move on as normal as possible with my life.
“One of a kind lawyer …brilliance!”
Frank has exceptional auto accident liability law abilities and he is also very well-versed in state auto insurance laws. One of the things I like about Frank is that he never tried to sugar coat anything for me. If we were headed for trouble, he would let me know what the trouble was and what our options were. I always appreciated his honesty. This is trait that I do not find in many of today’s lawyers but Frank has performed integrity well beyond his means.
– Ms. C. M. Fraser