Clearwater, FL Personal Injury Attorney & Car Accident Lawyer
Suffering an injury because of another person or entity’s negligence can be an emotional, painful, and frustrating experience. A severe injury could keep you out of work for months. As you recover, you could miss out on plans you may have made, spending time with your family, and of course, the income you rely on to keep yourself afloat. It’s a stressful experience that can leave you with a lot of questions, and you might be unsure of who you can turn to for help.
At Marsalisi Law, our personal injury team has helped many people in Clearwater in your exact situation overcome common obstacles that arise when filing a claim. We help injury victims complete the path to recovery. Personal injury attorney Frank P. Marsalisi dedicates his career to helping people in and around Clearwater receive justice after a personal injury or car accident. If you’ve been hurt through no fault of your own, if you’re in pain, or if you’re worried about your future, we can put your mind at ease.
We Fight for Victims of Personal Injury Accidents in Clearwater, FL
Personal injury cases usually involve many parties and details, making them some of the more complex civil cases to litigate. The interests of big insurance companies are usually at odds with victims’ interests. While personal injury victims seek a fair monetary claim to help them recover from the costs of their injuries, insurance companies fight against them to protect their profit margins. It’s imperative to work with an experienced attorney who understands how insurance companies think and operate.
If you were hurt in a premises liability accident, such as a slip and fall in Clearwater, you could also face challenges from the owner of the property or the city if you were hurt on public property. You can expect all these parties to have their own teams of attorneys defending against your claim. At Marsalisi Law, we take on the duty of gathering all the evidence pertinent to your accident so we can make a strong case for compensation.
A competent personal injury lawyer can bring the following to the table:
- Fully understanding the claims process and can help you with every step of filing a claim to increase your chance of success;
- A personal injury attorney can help you learn the value of your case and what is the most likely outcome;
- Standing up for your right to pursue damages after an injury, and will not be overcome by the intimidation tactics used by large insurance companies;
- Taking on the responsibility of meeting all filing requirements and deadlines so you can focus on your health.
Understanding Florida’s Statute of Limitations for Accident Cases
You have a limited amount of time in which you can resolve a personal injury claim in Florida. The statute of limitations varies for the different types of cases:
- Personal Injury: 4 years from the date of the accident;
- Wrongful Death: 2 years from the date of your loved one’s death;
- Defective Products: 4 years from the date of the injury;
- Medical Malpractice: 2 years from the date of the malpractice which caused your injury or within 2 years of when you became aware of your injury.
If you’ve recently been hurt, do not delay in seeking qualified legal counsel from a trustworthy accident lawyer in Clearwater. Whether you suffered from a trip or slip and fall, medical malpractice, wrongful death, motorcycle accident, car accident, scooter accident, pedestrian accident, or other vehicle accident, you can trust Frank P. Marsalisi to have the experience necessary to help you receive justice at this difficult time.
Clearwater Car Accident Cases Need Representation
Car accidents take thousands of lives each year. In Florida alone, 2,935 fatal crashes killed 3,176 people in 2016. The number of fatalities dropped only slightly to 3,116 the following year. Dozens of causes for fatal accidents exist, but what most of them have in common is poor judgment on the part of a driver.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Clearwater, Florida
The following actions often result in injuries and even the death of a driver or passenger:
- Excessive speeding;
- Texting and driving;
- Driving under the influence;
- Improper loading of heavy cargo;
- Improper passing or turning;
- Drowsy driver;
- Equipment defects or failure;
- Failure to adjust your driving to accommodate poor road and/or weather conditions.
These often avoidable accidents carry an enormous impact on victims and their families and can be completely life-changing. It’s important to hold parties who act recklessly accountable for their actions. A car crash lawyer helps in getting the compensation you need to recover fully.
Marsalisi Law strives to help victims recover the following after a devastating car crash:
- Compensation for all medical bills related to the accident;
- Costs of rehabilitation and therapy;
- Lost wages and reduced earning potential;
- Physical and emotional pain and trauma;
- Lost financial support for the dependents of the deceased, in crashes involving a death;
- Funeral costs, if applicable.
Our “Top 3 Personal Injury Lawyer” Will Take Your Case Personally
Make no mistake, working with a personal injury attorney is the key to obtaining the fair settlement you deserve. Frank P. Marsalisi will aggressively fight to help you gain compensation for all accident-related expenses so you can get back to living a full life. He will keep you updated on your case regularly and can even communicate with you in Spanish as a fluent speaker. Our contingency fee means our firm will not accept payment unless we win your case.
Call (727) 800-5052 or complete our contact form for a free consultation. We’re available around-the-clock to guide you through this process. Marsalisi Law is Where the Law Gets Personal.